This is first version as operating system and released on April 30, 2009.
- In this version onscreen soft keyboard introduced with auto-rotation option
- Supports both land and porttaint modes
- Dictionary with custom words
- Copy and Paste feature added in the web browser.
- Introduced on screen widgets like analog clock, calendar,music player,and search option etc.
This version released on September 15, 2009.
- Introduced quick search
- Virtual Private Network settings, user can add his/her vpn settings in control panel.
- Voice search and Search box were added.
- Battery usage indicator introduced like for which application how battry in consuming
- Faster OS boot times and fast web browsing experience.
- Google play store updates like catogiries in google play like games,apps
- Getsures for storing, loading,volume controls.
This version released on October 26, 2009.
- This version Bluetooth 2.1
- Typing speed is Improved with virtual keyboard, with dictionary option
- Introduced adding events in calendar also invite some one for your event as well.
- From this version onwards only we can build dynamic applications.
- Suppoting zoom option in browser
- no Adobe flash media support.
This version is realsed on Released on May 20, 2010.
- It is Support Adobe Flash
- Multi touch event getures are introduced.
- From this version on words we can set mode like night/day mode so that we can save some battery life.
- Device policy manager feature in updated like password & security etc.
- Data backup application is also introduced.
- Crash reporting to developer paly stotre account
- Hotspot also introduced.
- Improved Application launcher with better browser
- No internet calling.
This version is released on December 6, 2010.
- User Interface is updated with high efficiency and speed
- Internet calling is introduced
- One touch word selection and copy/paste.
- Supports third party keyboards as well
- 3d motion sensors are updated
- Data encoding and decoding introduced
- Not supports multi-core processors.
This version released on February 22, 2011.
- Its Supporing multi-core processors
- It is suitable for tablets with high reach user interface
- Action bar also introduced.
- http live streaming introdiced
This version released on November 14, 2011.
- Home Screen folder and favorites grouping
- Introduced Virtual button in the UI.
- User can adjust the sizes of widgets
- With swipe user can clear browsers tabs, notifications, older tasks
- Screen shot sharing
- Android beam app for data sharing.
- Autocomplete option for dial pad
- Smoother user interface is updated
- Multi language support is introduced
- Location accuracy updated .
- Battery management option introduced.
- “OK google” voice commonds improved.
- Cloud storage optionintroduced.
- Cloud printer introduced.
- Multi tasking introduced like Responds faster, touch is more accurate so that multiple things can also be done at a time like browsing the web, listening to music,
- From this version android is 64-bit system architecture
- From this version apps can support tv, watches and cars
- More security is introduced.
- You can create your rules in your device like settings quick menu customization.
- Design and visual changes
- “Google now tap on” this the most and important feature in android easy to search option in google
- “Ok Google” option on home screen.
- File explorer option for moving files from one location to other .
- Batter indicator on status bar
- Security: App level permisions
This version released on June 30, 2016.
- Battery Power Optimization:
From android 7.0 onwords battery life is improved, when mobile is ideal battery is aslo used in very very rare percentage.
- Better Notification Control:
some applications are regularly sending notifactions to users like shoppingkart,banking for those notifications performance increased. Easy to integrate using firebase notification.
- Data Saver
From this version onwards device wont consume more data for background process. So our data could be safe.
- Arrange Quick Settings Menu :
Here we can customize quick settings menu which are using regularly.
- Enable Power Notifications:
If any unraed notifcations it wont consume data upto device unlock.
- Copy-Paste in a Jiffy in Split Screen :
Her we can split our screen into 2 parts of multi tasking that could be in either horizontal or vertical.
- Change the Display Size:
Display sizes like font iamge sizes we can adjust.
- App Shortcuts :
We can create shortcuts for apps on main screen.
- Pin Apps to Share Menu:
Here its very easy to share app and content others.
- Enhanced File Explorer:
It should displays the explore of all files into based on format like size, space etc.
- Mono Audio Playback :
This is the good news for who are single music with single jack it can support without disturbance.
- Emergency Info :
Even if phone is in locked also here can work emergency features like Road block on GPS, battery low etc.
- View Shortcuts with a Physical Keyboard :
This are the key board shortcuts for tab users who are using physical keyboards..
- Bonus Feature: Night Mode: brightness of the screen based on the day & night automatically adjusted.