PMP stands for Project Management Professional. It is a certification administered by Project Management Institute, U.S.A. It is a project management course recognized all over the world. PMBOK-sixth edition is the latest version for the PMP exam. The certification is valid for 3 years.
Pre-requisite for PMI-PMP exam includes
- Four-year bachelor degree
- A minimum experience on project management of 4500 hours
- A secondary degree (associate degree, high school diploma, etc.)
- A minimum experience on project management of 7500 hours in last five years
- 35 hours of project management education from a registered education provider (REP)
PMP Certification Cost
- Fee Structure to earn 35 PDUs vary from country to country, it may vary from $300 to $5000
- Fee structure for computer-based Testing (CBT)
- For PMI members $405.00
- For non-PMI members $555.00
- Re-examination Fees
- For PMI members $275.00
- For non-PMI members $375.00
PMP Exam Structure
The below table shows the PMP exam structure and weightage of questions.
- To clear the exam, you need to pass a multiple choice examination
- You need to answer 200 questions in 4 hours time for domain mentioned below
- The exam is available in 13 different languages globally.
It will assess the candidate management knowledge in the following five domains. The weightage of questions for each domain includes
|Project Management Area||Percentage of Questions|
|Initiating the project||13|
|Planning the project||24|
|Executing the project||30|
|Monitoring and Controlling the project||25|
|Closing the project||8|
There are other various courses available related to project management on PMI like PgMP, PfMP, CAPM, etc. For more information, you can visit the website the PMBOK website.
The code of conduct and ethics defines:
- Responsibility to the profession
- Responsibility to customers and the public
Code of Ethics and professional conduct includes
PMP Professional Responsibility
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and integrity
- Encourage others in the profession to act in a professional manner
- Continuously seek guidance to enhance the professional capabilities
- Upholding the code
- Compliance with all mandatory rules and regulations
- Be responsible for your actions
- Practice code of ethics with fairness and honesty
- Stick to ethical standards and legal requirements
- Protect stakeholder and balance stakeholders interest on the project
- Make sure that a conflict of interest doesn’t compromise the customer’s legitimate interest
- Maintain confidential information
- Act in an accurate, truthful manner
- Reporting illegal or unethical behavior
- While dealing with other cultures maintain professional sensitivity
- Be aware of cultural differences
Other professional responsibility
- Copyright laws are not violated
- Project manager needs to ensure that company policies are followed
- Budget tampering- do not present anything besides your original estimate
- Rights- do not do business with a country where there is a clear violation of the fundamental rights
Code of conducts and ethic sample questions for PMP professionals;
- After a person is hired, he presents ideas which were developed by a competitor company already. Are you going to use the same ideas?
- As a manager what would you do to resolve the conflict between team members?
- You are a project manager, and a large and unexpected problem occurs that will cause a delay in the schedule. What should you do?