When customer requirements are not clear, organizations will follow prototype Vmodel. When customer requirements are clear, organizations are following v-model by conducting testing in every stage of development and separate testing team for software testing stage.
Once requirements are finalized, again same V-model will proceeds.
When customer requirements are clear and huge, organizations’ can follow Incremental
When customer requirements are enhancing regularly, organizations’ can follow Spiral Vmodel.
Devops transfer development and operations.
From this model developers and testers confirm as a single team like in agile model but they are responsible for maintenance also. In general in other models, maintenance of software is the job of CCB.
Example: Apple products
Case study: Any type of software but customer and company need to provide facilities
to team (Developer + Testers) for development, testing, release and maintenance.
Continuous software delivery
Less complex problems to fix
Faster resolution of problems
Faster delivery of features
More stable operating environments
More time available to add value (rather than fix/maintain)
Agile model is derived from agile manifesto like Shown below.
- Develop software in incremental model as instalment by instalment.
- Individual and interaction over process and tools.
- Working software over comprehensive documentation.
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation.
- Responding to change over following plan.
In general, different types agile model are in use such as scrum, extreme programming
(XP), kanban, FDD, ASD, Lean, DSDM, Crystal.
Here popular agile model is scrum because in this model, developers can join with
testers as single team, call it’s a scrum team.
In large scale companies, this model is follow able. Because, client is able to maintain
stakeholder team to approve deliverables of each stage in development.
Disadvantages of Agile model:
- Expensive model as more number of resources are required.
- Complex in managing.
- There is lack of emphasis on necessary designing and documentation.
- The project can easily get taken off track if there is any communication gap.
Case Study 🙁 Old SDLC under along with Agile Model)
When customer requirements are clear and customers are ready to provide stakeholders
then organizations can follow the ‘Agile model’.
- When customer requirements are not clear and customer is ready to provide
stakeholders, organizations can follow prototype based agile model called as ‘XP’
- When customer requirements are huge and customer is ready to provide
stakeholders, organizations can follow in based incremental based agile model
called as ‘SPRINT’.
- When customer requirements are enhancing regularly and customer is ready to
provide stakeholders, organizations can follow spiral based agile model called as